Guidelines for Decentralized Finance (DeFi) listings
Note that these are just general guidelines and meeting them does not guarantee a listing. To manage expectations, we have to be mindful of the fact that almost any project that utilizes smart contracts to provide financial services could theoretically qualify as DeFi, hence the need to ensure that there is a balance in the signal-to-noise ratio on the DeFi page.
(1) DeFi Protocols
DeFi protocols should be decentralized, non-custodial, smart-contract enforced, on-chain traceable, permissionless, and deal with at least one of the following:
1. The swapping and/ or exchange of cryptoassets
2. The supplying of cryptoassets to a shared liquidity pool and subsequently allows for borrowing against the supplied collateral
3. The facilitation of trading in derivative financial instruments
4. The minting and burning of asset-backed tokens
5. Other financial related services that may apply
(2) DeFi Cryptoassets
DeFi cryptoassets should meet at least one of the following requirements:
1. Coin/ Token can represent a stake in the governance of the protocol
2. Coin/ Token can only be minted/ burned through the interaction with the protocol
3. Coin/ Token can reduce the frictions of interacting with the underlying protocol
4. Coin/ Token exhibits other DeFi-related traits
Guidelines for Non-Fungible Token (NFTs) listings
Note that these are just general guidelines and meeting them does not guarantee a listing. To manage expectations, we have to be mindful of the fact that 'partnering' or doing a basic integration with NFT marketplaces (e.g. OpenSea, Nifty Gateway) may not necessarily suffice because that would be tantamount to saying that infrastructure providers like exchanges, AWS, and ISPs that have 'partnered' with 'NFT' projects are equally deserving of the tag/label.
- Must play a direct and instrumental role in the NFT ecosystem/value chain.
- The use of NFTs must be an integral part of the project's business model.
- Examples include, inter alia, the:
- Creation of NFTs
- Delivery of NFTs
- Direct ownership of relationships with NFTs end-users
- Ownership of NFT IP/royalty rights
- Has live deployment of NFTs